Quality Education at JollyPlace
According to the Quality Counts: Building Blocks for Success report in Business Week “11.9 million children younger than 5 in the United States—or about 6 in 10—spend most part of their waking hours in the care of people other than their parents: relatives, caregivers operating out of their homes, workers in child care centers or family child care providers. The quality of the early care and education that young children receive in such settings sets the tenor of their days and lays the building blocks for future academic success.” At JollyPlace we strive to provide the best possible education or your child. We understand the importance of learning and our qualified, Montessori trained staff is always available to assist your child in activities and provide motivation for future learning.
Choosing childcare for your child is an important step that should not be taken lightly. JollyPlace acts in accordance with State of Virginia Social Services set of standards and regulations determining quality childcare.
- Accreditation & Licensing – JollyPlace is accredited by Cognia National Educational Accreditation Agency https://www.cognia.org as recognized and approved by the Virginia Board of Education http://www.doe.virginia.gov under VAC (§22.1-19) and certified by the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) http://www.dss.virginia.gov.
- Certified Teachers – JollyPlace teachers are Montessori certified and highly educated professionals in early childhood development education and their interactions with children are responsive, nurturing, and warm. We offer low teacher to child ratio to meet the individual needs of all children equally.
- Curriculum – JollyPlace follows a Montessori based program to encourage a child’s independent learning and development. Curriculum is based on student’s individualized progress as well as it follows monthly thematic studies in areas of physical science, botany, zoology and geography. Curriculum is monitored for set standards by Cognia Accreditation Agency.
- Environment – JollyPlace is a clean, safe environment, especially in napping, eating, and toileting areas. Our facility also has an adequate space and lighting and academically stimulating materials for preschool age children. We also have a spacious outside playground, garden and indoor gymnasium.
- Professionalism – We have an organized approach to the business aspects of you child care as reflected in a contract agreement with parents about fees, schedules, sickness policies, emergencies, etc.
- Communication – We provide comfortable, ongoing communication with parents in regards to various issues. Parents are informed about child’s day at the pickup time. Conferences are scheduled at the mid of a day
We are family-oriented Montessori preschool, situated in small community of Vienna on beautiful property owned by the Church for all nations adjacent to Thoreau Middle School. Following extensive renovations in spring 2015 our school is ready for accepting 3-6 year old students’ applications for the upcoming school year 2015-2016. The school is located on the second level of the Educational Building and it occupies five primary spacious classrooms with ample natural light and open floorplan, beautifully furnished and equipped work spaces for children, access to newly build fenced playground and outdoor amphitheater, garden and nature areas adjacent to the building. Each classroom is carefully designed with authentic Montessori materials to further engage child’s potential of learning and discovery. We are conveniently located along the routes for many Northern VA commuters and easy access to most major roads while at the same preserving the privacy and secluded access to the school.
At JollyPlace we are committed to building a strong sense of community amongst students, families and staff members and surrounding communities. By welcoming students from diverse backgrounds we hope to plant a seed in the community and make our school a special, energetic learning place and become integral part of the community.
JollyPlace teachers show qualities of effective and nurturing traits like warmth, responsiveness and inter cultural competency to develop positive relations with children and their families and to create cognitively stimulations environments. Their motivated and inspiring approach provides students with best possible guidance and instruction while giving each child individual attention. Our teachers value social and emotional development as essential school readiness factors. Training credentials are an important aspects of our teachers early childhood development education. All of our primary lead teachers are trained professional Montessori educators. In addition to their Montessori diploma, they need to have degree or foreign equivalency in additional to Montessori credentials.
Also, as required by VA Social Services Licensing Office, all of our staff is CPR and First Aid trained and selected teachers must also be competent in Medication Administration Training.